A lot has been said about how to increase productivity in the workplace. But what about when the workplace is remote? How can you keep your team motivated and engaged when everyone is working from home?
One way to do this is by maintaining a fun remote work environment. A fun remote work environment can help increase productivity by keeping teams informed and by shaking up formats. By taking time to chat with the team in existing meetings, you can keep everyone on their toes and reduce the risk of boredom. And by training sessions recorded for offline viewing, you can make sure that everyone has access to the information they need to be productive.
So, if you’re looking for ways to increase productivity in your remote team, read on for some tips on how to maintain a fun remote work environment.
Keeping a Fun Remote Work Environment
One of the best ways to keep your team motivated and engaged is by maintaining a fun remote work environment. Here are some tips on how to do just that:
1. Name sprints and teams – This can help people feel more connected to their work and give them a sense of ownership over their projects.
2. Shake up formats – If you’re doing the same thing every day, it’s easy for people to get bored. So, try shaking up the format of your meetings or sprints occasionally. This will keep people on their toes and help them stay engaged.
3. Take time to chat with the team in existing meetings – Use existing meetings as an opportunity to catch up with your team members and have some informal conversations. This will help build relationships and keep everyone feeling connected.
4. Training sessions recorded for offline viewing – This will ensure that everyone has access to the information they need to be productive, even if they’re not able to attend live training sessions.
5. Attending sales meetings quarterly – Quarterly sales meetings are a great opportunity to exchange knowledge and roadmap information with the sales team. This will help keep everyone informed about what’s going on in the company and ensure that everyone is working towards common goals.
6. Sending out emails about new releases – Keep your team informed about new product releases by sending out regular emails or posting announcements in Slack or another chat tool.
7 .Doing general product updates during weekly all-hands meetings – During weekly all-hands meetings, take some time to update your team on what’s new with the product. This will help ensure that everyone is up-to-date on changes and can provide feedback or ask questions as needed.
Maintaining a fun remote work environment is a great way to keep your team motivated and engaged. By taking time to chat with the team in existing meetings, shaking up formats, and training sessions recorded for offline viewing, you can help increase productivity in your remote team. So, if you’re looking for ways to keep your team productive, consider implementing some of these tips into your work routine.